15 Jun Customising CYCLE tests for your clients | fit.test
Olivia, we’re going to do a personalized exercise test on the cycle ergometers, we’re not using look up tables or published protocols.
This is a test designed specifically for you, so we’re going to start at a level you can start easily. Now we’re going to start at a level equivalent to very, very light exercise intensity and each minute we’re going to increase the intensity a little and see how you go.
We’re going to keep going up to about hard or maybe even very hard. So there’s the next level now.
And I’m going to measure your heart rate and your work rate on the bike each minute and input that into the program. So what level are you at now? I’m at 9/20 exertion level.
Nine, OK, so that’s very light.
Going to the next level now. And what level are you at now? I am at 10. So it’s between very light and fairly light.
So again, getting your heart rate and work rate equal to watts on the bike each minute.
What level are you at now? I am at 14 now.
OK that’s between somewhat hard and hard.
And the next workload now. I am feeling it at 15/20 exertion now.
OK, so you can just stop there.
OK, well done.
And we’ve estimated your aerobic fitness to be 37 ml/kg/min which is very good for your age.
We will be able to prescribe exercise based on your test and prescribe for cycling or walking or running. Thanks for volunteering.
OTHER POSTS THAT MAY BE OF INTEREST TO YOU:
- For exercise professionals: how easy it is to individualise your exercise tests and programs using fit.test
- fit.test: submaximal versus maximal exercise testing and programming
- fit.test: ideal to provide exceptional exercise services for cardiac rehabilitation programs
- fit.test: ideal for handling abnormal heart rate or rhythm responses to exercise
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy for exercise professionals part 1